OPTIMED project, funded under the second standard call, has been officially launched in Cagliari on 9th June 2014 during an international conference gathering European, national and regional institutions, private operators and experts from the port logistics sector.
The event took place in Cagliari at Hotel Regina Margherita in presence of the project’s partners from Italy, Spain and Lebanon.
OPTIMED in brief: OPTIMED aims at promoting new opportunities, facilities, tools and skills that lead to the improvement of commercial connections and relationships between public and private operators in maritime transport and logistics sector of Lebanon, Italy, Spain and France. The project will identify and spread the opportunities of the new maritime trade network and the potentialities of a supporting tool like the virtual logistics platform among economic operators from EU and Mediterranean Partner countries.
OPTIMED is coordinated by the Autonomous Region Of Sardinia (Italy), with the participation of the following organizations :
1. University of Cagliari – CIREM, Italy (Sardinia)
2. Port Authority of Olbia and Golfo Aranci, Italy (Sardinia)
3. Association of Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce, Spain (Catalonia)
4. European Short Sea Shipping School, Spain (Catalonia)
5. Chamber of Commerce, Industry of Agriculture of Beirut and Mount Lebanon, Lebanon
6. Ministry of public Works and Transport – DGLMP, Lebanon
OPTIMED total budget is € 1.999.481,22 including € 1.799.553,10 as Programme contribution (90%).